It seems that hot oil treatments for natural hair aren't talked about as much anymore than they once were.
When I use to do hot oil treatments, my scalp would feel soothed, my hair would feel so soft and have a shine to it. It was an overall good feeling once you had it done. This is something to try when you want to put a little extra love within your hair care routine.
I want to make sure you remember that only using oil will not moisturize your hair, but it does help with sealing the moisture in. This is why using the LCO method when your hair is done being washed or in this case, putting the hot oil treatment in then rinsing out will help with keeping the moisture.
In case you want to bring the hot oil treatment back to your hair care routine. I want to break it down on what oils can work best and how to do the procedure.
What Does It Do?
Effective at sealing in moisture
Promotes hair growth
Leaves your hair shiny and healthy
Nourish the hair without frizz
Best Oils For Hot Oil Treatments
- It closely resembles are scalps natural hair
sebum, and it helps with manageability
Essential Oils To Add For The Extra Boost
These oils all can be added to any of the above to give your hair that extra nutrient boost. Because a little goes a long way with these essential oils adding 2-5 drops should be more than enough. These oils can be very potent.
More Oils for fragrance
How the Hot oil treatment works
1. You want to pick your mixture, so any oil of choice works. You can begin mixing the oils if you have more than one.
2. Next, you can either use the microwave for 20 sec to get it warm or if you don't prefer using the microwave. You can bring a pot of water to boil, use a heat safe bowl or glass container, and place it in the bowl of hot water. You can put your oils in the safe heat bowl for 1-2 minutes.
3. Please make sure to test it on your wrist first, so you do not burn your scalp
4. Once it's at the right temperature for you. Apply the oil to your scalp from the roots to ends
5. Cover your hair with a plastic bag or shower cap for 45 min then rinse out
Have you tried this before? What is the best mix of ingredients that you use?