- Diet (vitamins, healthy clean eating)
- Weather changes (cold/dry weather),
- Shampooing hair too much especially if it has sulfates
- Hair products that contain alcohol
- EczemaFYI: I want you to know that having dry scalp is not something that you do one time than think it’s solved. You have to continually take care of your hair and do it consistently. Those little extra steps like this pre-poo, leave in and conditioning treatments are what’s going to give you great results.
Ways you can prevent your scalp from becoming dry is using pre-poo treatments for your hair
1. Scalp massages with your favorite oils:
A gentle scalp massage with your favorite oils such as:
- Coconut oil: coconut oil can moisturize the scalp from its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Tea tree oil: This oil can be pretty strong by itself so mixing it with castor oil or jojoba oil before you shampoo leave it in for 10-15 minutes or even an overnight treatment prior to washing it out.
2. Apple cider vinegar mix:
Mix 1/3 apple cider vinegar and 2/3 of water. Once you have this mix in a spray bottle, you can spray your scalp until it’s saturated. Then you want to give yourself a nice scalp massage for around 5 minutes but let is sit in your hair for a while. I love to use this as an overnight treatment but even keeping it as long as 30 minutes will suffice. What apple cider vinegar also does it gives a chance for your scalp to be clarified from the build-up that has accumulated on your scalp. What this will also do is eliminate the bacteria or fungi that could be causing the itch.
I know this is probably the leading thing people hear but still do not understand how important it is. When we don’t have good nutrition or beauty techniques will suffer in the long run. It will give you an over or underproduction of oil on your scalp. When you’re deficient in your nutrition it leads to your body not working at its best, which includes our hair. When you start to eat the wrong foods that can instantly take an effect on your hair and scalp. Junk foods can cause dry scalp and dandruff. Drink your water and hydrate which not only will make you feel good inside but your hair will love it too. If you’re having trouble getting your proper nutrition from your diet take a multivitamin and use supplements.
4. Hair products
What you buy and put in your hair matters. If you have been looking at articles on natural hair you would see one of the keys is looking at the ingredients for no sulfates or alcohols in your products. The alcohol in the products can instantly dry out your scalp yet along with your hair as well. Also, frequent washing or using hot water can dry the scalp out as well. In addition, limiting the use of any type of heat to give your hair a chance to recover and get a break. If you need style ideas you can look at the post here or use one of our best sellers to instantly give you a new look without the feeling of needing to use heat.